APPLICATION CLOSED - Fee Waiver Application for Fall 2020-21 Admissions will open in September 2019
- Applicants who are participants in good standingin one of the programs listed below are eligible for a waiver of the application fee.
- Applicants who were participants in good standing at the time of their graduation are also eligible.
The applicant must complete the Stanford Diversity Program Participation Waiver Verification Form (COMING SOON)and have it signed by the appropriate program director verifying their status, and upload the form (PDF) with their fee waiver application. No other documentation will be accepted.
Diversity Program Participation Waiver Verification Form (COMING SOON)
- Request should be received at least THREE weeks (15 business days) prior to the program application deadline.
- If the application fee waiver is approved then the applicant will be sent a code to enter in the payment section of the online application.
- No refund will be given if you apply for a fee waiver and pay the application fee instead of using your application fee waiver code.
- If we deny your request for a waiver, we will instruct you to pay the fee.
- Graduate Admissions will contact you via email regarding the status of your waiver request.
Program Participation Fee Waiver List
- Amgen Scholars Program
- California State University Sally Casanova Pre-Doctoral Scholarship Program
- Gates Millennium Scholarship Program
- GEM Fellowship Program [See Special Instructions Below]
- Institute for the Recruitment of Teachers (IRT)
- Louis Stokes/California Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP/CAMP)
- Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship Program
- McNair Scholars Program
- Minority Access to Research Careers (MARC) Scholars Program
- Minority Biomedical Research Support (MBRS)
- Morehouse College Hopps Scholars Program
- PhD Project
- Project 1000
- Questbridge Scholars
- San Francisco State Bridge to the Doctorate
- Summer Institute for Literary and Cultural Studies (SILCS)
- The Leadership Alliance
- TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) Program
- University of Baltimore Maryland County Meyerhoff Program
- University of California UC LEADS (Leadership Excellence through Advanced Degrees)
New for Fall 2018
California-Arizona Minority Partnership for Astronomy Research and Education (CAMPARE)
Stanford-CUNY Summer Research Institute in the Humanities
Stanford Summer Research Program (SSRP)
Summer Undergraduate Research in Geoscience and Engineering Program (SURGE)
Ralph Bunche Summer Institute
NIH Pipeline Programs
NIH IMSD – Initiative to Maximize Student Development
NIH RISE – Research Initiative for Scientific Enhancement
NIH BUILD – Building Infrastructure Leading to Diversity
NIH Bridges to Doctorate
NIH Bridges to Baccalaureate
UC-HBCU summer program