Graduate Fee Waivers
Fee Waiver Application Instructions
Thank you for your interest in applying to Stanford University for graduate study!
If you are considering applying to Stanford graduate programs and need assistance with the application fees, consider applying for a fee waiver.
Fee Waiver Application for 2021-2022 now CLOSED.
Fee Waiver Application for 2022-2023 will open in
How to Apply
- Go to: http://gradfeewaiver.stanford.edu (this page)
- Click the links below to review the three waiver types and determine the waiver for which you are most eligible.
- Complete no more than (1) one fee waiver application. Applying to multiple fee waivers does not increase your chances of receiving a waiver.
- Waiver Application Deadline: 10-15 business days before the application deadline.
- You must apply for and receive a fee waiver before you submit your online application for graduate study. No refund will be given if you apply for a fee waiver and pay the application fee instead of using your application fee waiver code. If your request for a fee waiver is denied, you will be notified and instructed to pay the fee.
- This application is only valid for applicants to:
- School of Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences
- Graduate School of Education
- Graduate School of Engineering
- School of Humanities & Sciences
- School of Medicine (MS, PhD)
- Applicants to Business, Law, Medicine-MD should apply for fee waivers directly through the respective School.
|GRE Fee Reduction Certificate Based Waiver||U.S. Citizens or permanent residents who obtain GRE fee reduction certificate||15 business days before application deadline (3 weeks)||GRE Fee Waiver Details & Application|
|Diversity Program Participation Based Waiver||Participation in one of the diversity programs listed in the waiver info page||15 business days before application deadline (3 weeks)||Diversity Program Waiver Details & Application|
|School Based Waiver||Applicants who do not qualify for GRE or Diversity Program Waivers and meet School eligibility requirements can request a waiver from the school they are applying to||10 business days before application deadline (2 weeks)||School Based Waiver Details & Application|